Sometimes you need to get a list with all the filenames and extensions to do a batch processing. What if there are 1000+ files in a folder ? Well, there is an easy way to get that list in just 10 seconds. If you are using Windows as an OS here is a short tutorial on how to get all the filenames in a text file.
- Open the Command Prompt (you can use Win + R shortcut)
- Go to the folder you would like to get all filenames
- Use the following commands
- Get all file and folder names : DIR /B /O:N > filename.txt
- Get all file, folder names even from subfolders : DIR /B /O:N /S > filename.txt